Monday, January 20, 2014

The 2 Styles of Dress I've Observed

After traveling MANY times to NJ and back to NH, I have noticed a difference in the style of people in each state. Most times, here in NH, people do not dress to impress- it is rare you see someone dressed up "nice". I am not saying that they don't look nice, it is just that they don't dress up. Often, people walk around in jeans, t-shirts, and sneakers. I can understand why, however- the only thing to do around here is go to Walmarts and the library. When you go to Keene, people may dress A LITTLE nicer, as it is more of a built up area.

In NJ, many people dress nicer- because there are far more places to go and people to be seen. There are more malls, more business buildings, more train stations, more fancy restaurants, and it is closer to NY. Also- on average, people in NJ make more money than people in NH- mostly due to it being a more built up area with more businesses, and it's closeness to NY.

I personally dress sloppy- I am not one for designer brands. If I don't like the style of something, I will NOT attempt to wear it. I wear jeans and a tee half of the time, and the only time I will ever dress up is if we are going to church or out to dinner at a fancier restaurant. Please note that "fancy restaurant" to me means Longhorn Steakhouse. Well, this draws to a close my fashion blog... what style are you?

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment