Friday, January 3, 2014

RIP Fighter

Today I am very sad... my toad, Fighter, passed away. Since we came back from NJ I noticed he was sick, and today I went to check on the toads and he was lying on the dirt dead. I am SO upset right now... I don't know if he wasn't eating, or if he got too cold, or if he got a disease or what... all I know is he is gone.

If you have ever lost a pet, even a small one, you know how I feel. I know Fighter was "just a toad".... but he was my toad and I loved him. He lived for about a year, which is longer than he would have lasted in the wild. Now, I have moved Baby (the blind toad) in with Stripes (my sister's toad) as the big aquarium is empty.

That's all I am going to blog for today.

Maddie

2 comments:

  1. Maddie, I am so sorry to read about your toad passing. You did such a wonderful job in giving him a good, safe life. He was also a very well traveled toad! It hurts when a pet dies, but I find it helpful to think of all the fun I had with my pet while it was alive.
    Love you,
    Aunt Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddie I am sorry that your toad has passed but think of it this way he is now in a happy place were there are tons of other toads to play with and tons of crickets to eat. Don't worry I am sure you will find a new toad outside that way the other toads can play together..

    Your friend
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete