Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Few Healthy Lunch Ideas

Lately, my Dad has been on a diet, and so I have been trying to eat healthier too. I have found a few healthy lunch options that are actually very tasty. Here are the recipes:


Ham and Mozzarella Salad

This is a very basic recipe that everyone probably know how to make, but I like it so I am going to put it up anyway. All you need is 4 slices of Honey Ham (cut up small), 2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella (more if you are a cheese lover, but I wouldn't recommend it),  and about 1 cup of iceberg lettuce. Put the lettuce in first, followed by the shredded cheese. Then, cut up the ham into small squares and throw it it on top of your salad. You can use dressing if you want, but it tastes good on its own.

Meat Rollups

These are VERY tasty and very simple to make. All you need is a meat and cheese of your choice, AND some B&M's hot pepper spread (optional). I would suggest using roast beef and swiss cheese with the pepper spread- it is very good. You just put one slice of cheese inside a slice of roast beef, spread the hot peppers inside, and then roll it up. 3-5 of these makes an excellent lunch paired with a small salad.

And for dessert...

I always find that Jell-O or fruit like grapes or strawberries are an excellent dessert. It is filling, but not unhealthy and not SO filling that you feel like keeling over. If you have a healthy recipe that you'd like to share, leave it in the comments and I will try to give it a try.

Maddie


No comments:

Post a Comment