Thursday, January 30, 2014

Dog Dreams

On occasion, my dog will bark randomly in his sleep, or move his legs and growl, and I wonder what he is dreaming about. I always assume he is chasing something or growling at an enemy, but I have no way of being sure. I also wonder if when my dog dreams, he dreams in human language or dog language. The concept of Lucky not understanding what I am saying but understanding something I cannot is very strange to me, though very simple.

I can't imagine not thinking or dreaming in human. Its so natural to me that such a drastic change would be overwhelming, and that is why I have trouble grasping it. I always assume my dog dreams about animals, scents, food, and us- his family. But as dogs have different brains than us, what I think of as something could be entirely different to what my dog is actually dreaming.

There- now that I have bothered your brain with something interesting yet astonishing to think about, I am going to end this post here and go to bed. Just imagine not being able to understand human language- or being able to understand ONLY dog language.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment