Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Poetry

It's been awhile since I have done ANY poetry, and I was inspired by something my Dad said in the car. So here is a poem:

Go
I've gone to other places,
I've taken quite a roam,
but after all I've seen,
My favorite place is home.
No honking cars, or traffic,
Backed up to my door,
Just a perfect mountain,
With peace at it's core.
I've seen the sights,
I've heard the sounds,
And now I want to go.
Go home,
to where I'm happiest,
Back to the place I know.

Ok, so that was shorter than I expected, so I have to think up ANOTHER poem. This may take a minute..... here we go:

The Seasons of Life
In spring, so young and happy,
Bouncing here and there,
The trees, filled with new life,
Flowers in the air,
The summer, slow and carefree,
Such sadness when it ends,
Wishing you could go back,
And start it all again,
The fall, as trees are aging,
the leaves slowly die,
and one by one, they fall down,
twirling through the sky,
then finally comes winter,
with all its snow and ice,
The ice falls heavy on the trees, 
and slowly,
they fall down.




2 comments: