Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Busy

My apologies for not blogging! I was quite busy yesterday and this weekend- I had a lot to do. I finished my second cake decorating course yesterday, so some of my weekend time was spent baking and lightly icing a cake. Then, I had to wash some of my icing tips that had leftover icing in them, and organize my bag. I also spent a whole day playing Skyrim and eating goldfish crackers, and in general being lazy.

On top of this, I took over 500 pictures of clothing for my Dad's online yardsale... I was busy most of last week with that. I also sorted through some jewelry and other miscellaneous things. And yesterday my excuse for not working was cake class- but I learned SO MUCH in that class! We learned the backwards shell and the basket weave, and also about flower placement. This was my final cake by the end of everything:

My 3rd course starts on February 3rd... I am excited. From what I hear we are going to learn how to make roses that look like you just picked them off of the bush. I am excited to learn about fondant, even though I personally find it extremely annoying.... Who knows, maybe I'll end up liking it! If you'd like to sign up for a cake decorating class near you, go onto the Michael's website and click on classes- then go to cake decorating.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment