Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Bad Day

My philosophy is this: For each day that's a good one, or for each good thing that happens, something bad reciprocates it. ALREADY today my bad luck has begun- my alarm clock broke, causing me to get up late. By getting up late, I am going to be late doing my work and technically it messes up my whole schedule for the day. So obviously I jinxed myself for today by having a good day yesterday.

But NO MATTER! I will just get a new alarm clock and then everything will be better. I don't even know if my philosophy is true, it's just that that is how it always seems to me. But there is no use in talking about that. Yesterday I went to the 2nd class in my cake decorating course. I learned how to make apple blossoms, pansies, and rosebuds using royal icing. Which reminds me- I need to go check them and see if they hardened.

They did! I also took the picture above. The icing I used for them is really interesting- If it is made right, these flowers can last for up to 6 months to be put on a cake. However, this icing also breaks down if it even TOUCHES grease- it could be something as miniscule as too much oils in the plastic of a container it is stored in. You cannot even use the same icing bag that has been used for buttercream for royal icing, even if it has been washed- because the residue remains.

Thats all,

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment