Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sisterhood Part 4

My sister always comes in to give me and Dad hugs and kisses. She is also really fun to play with. We wrestle and play hide and seek and even a game I made up called "My Couch. Whenever I lie down on the couch, or on the floor, Ashleigh will tackle me and hug me. She is like a 24/7 best friend. She is funny too. One time, we were playing hide and seek, and she hid behind the curtains. I called out: "Where's Ashleigh?" and out of the living room came: "I no know!". It was hilarious.

Sisterhood can be fun, but it can also be a big responsibility. As one person states, "You and I are sisters. Always remember that if you fall, I will pick you up. After I finish laughing." Ah, the beauty of growing up and looking back at how stupid you were... some moments can only be shared with sisters.

As the author of Snoopy puts it, "Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life." --Charles M. Schulz. Well thank you very much, Mr. Schulz! I suppose that wonderful noggin of yours didn't think that SOME big sisters might be annoyed and somewhat offended....

Meanwhile! "A younger sister is someone to use as a guinea pig in trying sledges and experimental go-carts. Someone to send on messages to Mom. But someone who needs you- who comes to you with bumped heads, grazed knees, tales of persecution. Someone who trusts you to defend her. Someone who thinks you know the answers to almost everything." -- Pam Brown

Which, I guess, is kind of true... and sadly, Mr. Schulz is PROBABLY, only PROBABLY correct.


No comments:

Post a Comment