Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ice Skating

Hello Think A Thought readers! Today, I am going to go ice skating for the second time! The last time I tried, I looked like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to skate, but now I am getting the hang of it. I had to use tied together crates to start off, but now I can kind of skate on my own.

At first, I was afraid. I did not want to fall. So I held my nanny's hand to start. But then I started to skate on my own. I can't go fast, but I can sort of walk along. Today, I hope to practice skating on my own. I think I am pretty good at it.

The main trick to ice skating is not to slow down all the time. I do it a lot, and usually it ends with butt meeting ice. Trying to slow down trips you up, and if you don't move with the ice, then you fall. Falling doesn't hurt, it just surprises you.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment