Thursday, February 9, 2012

How To Make Butter ( Easy )

Today, I made butter out of heavy cream. You may think making butter is very hard, but it actually is very easy. It all started when I asked my nanny how to make whipped cream the real way. From here, I am going to tell the story as it happened, like a play.

Act I
Me: Nancy, how do you make real whipped cream?
Nancy: Well, you have to take heavy cream, and then you put it in a bowl and whip it til it's whipped cream. It's very hard to do.
Me: Can I try?
Nancy: Sure. Nancy pours some cream into a bowl and hands me a whisk.
Me: I whip the cream for awhile.


Act II

Enter Dad.
Dad: What are you doing?
Me: Making old fashioned whipped cream!
Dad comes over.
Dad: I have to go to the bank.
Dad: Bet you can't make butter!!!
Me: Bet I can!
Dad leaves.
Me: Nancy, can I make butter?
Nancy: You can try.
I make butter, and collect the buttermilk, which I turn into soup for Lucky.
Dad comes home.
Me: I made butter Dad!

It is a long job to do, to get the cream to the right consistency. But I did it! So haha Dad! Girls can do anything!!!!!

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment