Friday, August 30, 2013

First Karate Class

Well, yesterday's class went off perfectly! Ashleigh got along great with the other little boy taking class, and there was no problem. Ashleigh was SO happy to finally be doing class.... the whole 15-minute ride in the car all she was saying was "karate, karate, karate..." but it didn't bother us much (us meaning dad, grandma, and me).

It was SUCH  a cute class. The two kids looked adorable in the gis. We did a bunch of simple stretches and exercises with them, like jumping up and down, sit-ups, and combinations. I have heard some 'horror" stories about the little kids class, but so far... it seems ok.

Here are Ashleigh's thoughts on karate, word for word:

"Kicking... I guess. Uh... Doing push-ups, getting ready for karate. Flying on an owl (..?) and.... doing work. Doing work like you're doing. Doing jumping jacks. Getting a new karate gi... and just, you know, doing work in my living room..." (at this point, the conversation drifted so I dismissed her).

Ahh, I LOVE chatting with my sister. Such interesting things come up... but you can read about my talks with her by looking back through my posts or using the search bar at the bottom of my blog to find the post (that's what it's there for (= )

Well, I have a tiny bit of work left, so I will end my post HERE.

Maddie



No comments:

Post a Comment