Monday, August 26, 2013

NEW COURSERA COURSE!

Today, I started a new course on coursera! I am going to give a summary of the course here:

Name: Think Again: How to Reason and Argue

Professor(s): Walter Sinnot-Armstrong and Ram Neta

Representing School: Duke University

About the Course (taken from www.coursera.org):
Reasoning is important.  This course will teach you how to do it well.  You will learn some simple but vital rules to follow in thinking about any topic at all and some common and tempting mistakes to avoid in reasoning.  We will discuss how to identify, analyze, and evaluate arguments by other people (including politicians, used car salesmen, and teachers) and how to construct arguments of your own in order to help you decide what to believe or what to do. These skills will be useful in dealing with whatever matters most to you.

That's the course I am taking! I did my first 3 lectures today, and I enjoyed them very much. I also like my professor, as he is funny while still getting his point across. Also, it seems to be an easy course... let's hope it stays that way!

My professor used a Monty Python skit as an example. I take the lessons with my Dad, and for the six minutes it was, we had a good laugh. I will include the link to the video we watched below, along with a link to the course I am taking, in case you want to take it too or wait for the next time it comes around.

Monty Python (HILARIOUS): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
Coursera: https://www.coursera.org/course/thinkagain

Well, I hope you will check out both the funny video AND the course. I will keep my readers updated as it goes on :) till tomorrow,
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment