Thursday, May 2, 2013

COURSERA SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED!!!

Today, I looked on Coursera to see if I had earned my certificate of accomplishment. To earn it, you had to have a grade of above 70%. (Now, let's please keep in mind that this is a COLLEGE course I am doing here.)

I checked my grade, and I got very excited! I had gotten a 80.6% for my score! So now, all I have to do is figure out how to print the certificate.... Which will be hard to do since we do not have a printer that works.

But you know what? Even if I hadn't gotten the statement of accomplishment, I still would have had the knowledge from the course. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me that. A piece of paper could get destroyed easily, or stolen, but my knowledge can't be. (Unless I get Alzheimer's... that would kinda stink.)

I am trying to accomplish a lot these days- getting the certificate, starting a new website, riding my bike, and most recently, trying to get The Picture of Dorothy Gray published in Ruminate magazine. If I can get it published, I would get my name put in the Library of Congress as an official published author! (Also, I could make $60. I told Dad that if my work is getting published, I wanted to get payed for it.)

Well, I have a mountain of more work to get through, so I will end this post here.

Maddie


No comments:

Post a Comment