Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day! Today, I didn't have any work (except for my blog), so I had some fun. First, I went out shopping with Grandma. My sister was sick, so she didn't come with us. We stopped at WalMarts, Hannafords, and the Dollar Tree before heading home. Along the way, I picked up some things to take home to my sister:

  • A free cookie from Hannafords
  • A small plastic handheld game
  • Binoculars
  • Gel Stickers 
When I got home, I watched a little TV with my sister and took care of her. We ended up watching movies until dinner, and after dinner watching another. I am happy I had a great day with my sister. I love spending time with her. Right now she is up in bed. I am going to finish my blogging and then.... I don't know. Maybe watch a movie with Dad? Or I could play a computer game..... or play with Lucky...... I really don't know. 

Here is something fun for Memorial Day (or the 4th of July) that I did:

Festive Ice-cubes

These ice-cubes are very good to put in milkshakes, milk, and or even water. They are red, white and blue, and perfect for Memorial Day- or if you like things festive, every day. Here is how to make them:
  1. Dye a small bowl of milk red. Stir well.
  2. Then, fill about 1/3 or your ice-tray with the red milk using a teaspoon. About 2 tsp of milk per cube.
  3. Freeze.
  4. After the first layer is frozen, put 2 tsp of plain milk over it per cube. Leave room for another layer.
  5. Freeze.
  6. Finally, die a small bowl of milk blue. Layer your final layer over the ice cubes, 2 tsp per cube.
  7. Freeze.
  8. Enjoy your red, white, and blue cubes! Best served in milkshakes and milk, not recommended for water as it washes the color out.

No comments:

Post a Comment