Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Teaching My Sister

For 3 days now, I have been tutoring my sister in the morning for about 20 minutes. She is 3 now, and since Dad is busy during the day and Ashleigh cannot use the computer very well yet, I tutor her in the morning when I get up. She has 5 lessons that she does:
  • Writing
  • Math
  • Spelling
  • Reading
  • Karate
Her favorite lesson out of them all is karate. I always end up telling her that if she wants to do her karate, she has to get through the rest of her lessons. She does good in almost all of her lessons.... the only trouble she has been having is writing the letter B.

The lessons my sister does REALLY good in are math and reading. With math, I have taught her how to count on her fingers and we are just starting to work on bigger math problems with columns. For reading, I write down a few of the words she knows on paper in capitalized letters so that they are easier for her to read.

Since Ashleigh has been having trouble with writing, I let her pick out some pens and a new notebook at the Dollar Store. I told her that if she wanted them, she would have to practice her writing for me. Since she agreed, I bought them for her.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment