Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day everybody! Today, I get a day off from schoolwork! The reason I get the day off is because the market is closed so Dad doesn't have work and neither do I. But that isn't the real reason behind Memorial Day. Memorial Day, shockingly enough, is to honor the DEAD! The dead soldiers that fought in wars, useless, un-needed wars might I add, and gave their lives for our country.

There are a few known ways on how people spend Memorial Day:

  1. FIREWORKS!!!!!
  2. A cookout that usually ends in fireworks.
  3. A small family get-together, none too exciting but better than #4.
  4. Sitting at home alone, frowning and not appreciating your day off.
So, how do you spend your Memorial Day? Chilling out with friends? Hanging with family? Or, dare I ask, slouching at home not appreciating your day off? Please tell me how you spent your Memorial Day in the comments. 
Maddie

2 comments: