Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Another Story From Lucky

Such good smells, and I'm blocked off from them because of something called a baby gate. That gate is my least favorite object in the house, except maybe the brush. I sit by my mistress, wagging my tail ever so slightly and using puppy eyes on her so she will let me go up to the other end of the house. I gaze dramatically down the hallway, then look back at her hopefully, but it is of no use.

No one falls for puppy eyes now-a-days. My momma used to tell me I was so charming, anyone would give me table morsels. I guess that's not the case, because at every FAMILY, emphasis on FAMILY meal, I am shut out! I am part of the family too, right? Right? Right.

'Pad-pad-pad-pad' That's the baby. She walks on me and slaps me more than she pets me, and my paws are usually broken after trips from her. I must have a worried look on my face, because my mistress is glancing over at me. I go up half a step, to see if she will pay more attention to me. I glance back at her, but she is still clacking away on a machine she calls a computer.

I slowly trot under the desk that she works at, but as I do, my mistress calls me. "Out Lucky!" she yells. I groan and drag my feet. Time to do my business. I'll be back!

Lucky
(aka Maddie)

No comments:

Post a Comment