Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What do you do for Christmas???

"WOAH! Hold up, Christmas?!" most of you probably said (or at least thought) when you saw the title to this post. I know.... we are about 3 months away from Christmas, but for me, it is never too soon to start planning. I plan what I am going to buy everyone, what I am going to bake, how I am going to decorate- everything. Then, when Christmastime comes, I am all prepared with my lists of EVERYTHING.

So, here is MY  Christmas to-do list:

    • Bake cookies for my friends and family
    • Make split pea soup
    • Decorate the Christmas Tree
    • Do winter crafts with my sister
    • Make Dad his ever-requested blueberry pie (and make a tutorial video)
    • Build a snow fort and have a war with my sister
    • Go sledding with my friends and family
And of course make a fire in the woodstove.... the list could go on for ages, but those are the top few I have. I would share my recipes with everyone, but I just did a recipe video, and BESIDES- you have to wait for 3 months =P

Now here is a question for my readers: What do YOU do for Christmas? Do you hang with your family, go out for a nice dinner, or just sleep in and relax? Let me know down in the comments...

Til the next post,

Maddie (and Lucky)

5 comments:

  1. I like to bake, snuggle with a good book, watch the dogs play in the snow BUT I dislike shoveling and power outages.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shopping for presents for all my family and friends! I also love cooking for the holiday and after holiday gatherings. Appetizers are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dessert is my favorite :) and i LOVE shopping

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy the holiday season because I feel like life is so busy at times that getting together with family is nearly impossible. Thankfully there are specific dates penciled into the calendar where you're encouraged to drop everything and spend time with those you love. Italians specialize in food, comedy, and discussing the history of our family tree…and I can't think of a better way to celebrate Christmas.

    ReplyDelete