Thursday, October 17, 2013

Lucky's Halloween Costume

I know that some of my friends have been asking for pictures of my dog in his Halloween costume, so I figured, 'Why not do a little tutorial on that?' It will not be a video, as they take too long to load, but I will add in a few pictures.

You Will Need:
A white shirt in your dog's size (I used XL from the kids section- I have a labrador retriever)
A white pair of leggings in your dog's size (I used a LG from kids)
Pink nail polish that you will not use ever again
1 pink snap in clip
Glue
Cotton balls

Let's Start!
















Step 1: Get your dog into the base outfit for measurements. If the pants/shirt need trimming, make a small cut where needed while your dog is still in the outfit. Then, take off the outfit and cut until the outfit fits him.








~~~~~~~>










Step 2: Make sure to cut a tail hole in the seat of the pants for your dog. Otherwise, the outfit doesn't look or fit right.



















Step 3: Here is the tricky part. You have to get your dog in his shirt.... and get him to lay down still. Now, take your nail polish (I used a old pink one that I am not using again) and paint your dog's claws. Then, shred some cotton balls until they are like stuffing, and using glue, glue the fluff around your dog's ankle (on the pants, not fur/skin). The final result is not done yet, but will be tomorrow- here is his paw. The whole costume will be put up tomorrow.
(I shredded the cotton balls AFTER this photo)



I am very excited about Saturday. I hope Lucky wins. The thing I learned from today is that my dog is very, VERY well behaved- he sat still for an hour while I basically grumbled, painted his nails, and glued stuff on him. I have trained you well, puppy.

Maddie

1 comment:

  1. Maddie, you are so clever! I hope Lucky beats that poodle this year!! He (and you) deserves it! Love, Aunt Michelle

    ReplyDelete