Wednesday, October 9, 2013

3 Easy Ways to Eat Egg

Do you like eggs? If you do, then you need not read this article. But if you are like me and hate eggs, then this is the blog post for you. I have NEVER liked eggs- the taste, the texture, nothing. Recently, I have started eating the yolk from fried egg, and I look for ways to incorporate egg into my diet. These are the 3 ways I have found that I think are EGG-scellent for non-egg-eaters like myself:

1: Dutch Babies (From: the Joy of Cooking)
These are basically the sweet, sugary alternative to an omelette, but it's main component is- egg. Here is the recipe I like using:

You Will Need:
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of flour
1/4 cup of sugar
2 large eggs (room temp)
4 tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter

Prep:
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Next, mix together your milk, flour, sugar and eggs until smooth. Melt your butter and coat a square cake pan with it. Next, pour your egg mixture into the pan and then put it in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Serve fresh n' hot with some powdered sugar or fresh fruit.

2: French Toast (From: the Joy of Cooking)

You Will Need:
2/3 cup of whole milk, heavy cream, or half n' half
4 large eggs
2 tbsp sugar or pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter
6 slices white bread

Prep:
Whisk together your milk, egg, vanilla, sugar and salt in a bowl. When the ingredients are fully mixed, take your bread slices and soak them in the mixture*. In a frying pan, melt your butter over medium heat. After soaking your bread, cook it (both sides) in the frying pan until golden brown on either side. Serve fresh with maple syrup, powdered sugar, and bacon.
*Bread must be saturated, but NOT falling apart.

3: Fried Egg Dip (From: My own imagination)

You Will Need:
1 egg
2 tbsp butter
Bacon or Sausage

Prep: Melt your butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Now crack your egg into the pan and cook it for about 3 minutes. Then flip the egg and cook it for 20 seconds before sliding it out of the pan and into a small pyrex bowl. Now, use a fork and mash your egg up until it is mainly all mixed together. Serve your dip with sausage, bacon, or whatever else.

So those are my egg recipes! I hope you enjoy them. Try them out and tell me what you think, and help me out by leaving a creative egg recipe in the comments below.

Thanks,
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment