Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Vanilla Wafer Cookies- Recipe

Tonight, I was in the mood for baking... but I wanted to keep it simple and fun. So what did I do? I looked in my Taste of Home cookies cookbook, and found this delicious and easy recipe for Vanilla Wafers. I made frosting for them and decorated them, and even made a "cookie cake" with leftover dough. Here is the recipe:

You Will Need:
1/2 cup of butter (1 stick) softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Prep: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Oil a baking sheet and have it ready. In a large bowl, cream your butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add your egg and vanilla, and whisk together again. Your mixture should be a light brown at this point. Now, whisk together your dry ingredients in a medium bowl and then add it to the butter mixture. Whisk on high until your mixture turns to dough. Then, using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, form small balls of dough and place them on your baking sheet. Bake in the oven for ten to fifteen minutes.

*Makes about 2 dozen

When the cookies are done, let them cool (about 10 minutes) and then frost them using the recipe given below:

You Will Need:
1/4 cup butter (softened)
1 1/4 cups confection sugar
1 tbsp milk (optional)

Whisk together your butter and confection sugar in a small bowl. If your mixture is very thick (dough like), add your milk and whisk again*.

*By whisk, I mean electric beater.

Frost your cookies, and then decorate them with sprinkles if you want. The frosting is optional, I just thought it added nice flavor. Let me know down in the comments if you like the recipe (if you try it out, of course) and what YOUR favorite type of cookie is.

Maddie

1 comment: