Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My First Dance (Casual)

I am so excited! One of my friends' schools is having a dance this Friday, and they invited me to go with them! It is just a casual dance, but still! When I asked Dad, I assumed it would go something like this:

Me: "Hey Dad, my friend wants me to go with them to a dance-"
Dad: "No, no, a THOUSAND times no."
But instead, it went more like this:
Me: "Hey Dad, my friend invited me to go with them to a dance this Friday, can I pleeeeeeeeease go?"
Dad: "You know how to defend yourself?"
Me: "Yes."
Dad: "(rambles on about safety stuff, just the basics)"
Dad: "Fine, but you have to get ALL of your homework done EVERY day."
Me: "OK!!!"

And so now I am going to my first dance! Yippeeee! Since it is casual, it is going to be basically hanging out. I am going to wear a t-shirt and jeans. I am still excited... if you are a girl, you will understand the excitement of this. If you are a boy- well, I don't know how to explain it then.

Other than that, I started a new unit on coursera- with a new professor. Instead of Walter (my personal favorite), I got the other professor- Ram. He is alright, but just not as good as Walter.

Well, I really have to hurry if I want to get my work done, so I will end this post here.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment