Friday, September 27, 2013

Flying Food?!

GREAT Japanese food with Steve, Kyle Nelson & Madison Margaret -  YUMMY!!!!!
At the restaurant =)
Today, my good friend Kyle and his family took me out to eat for his 12th birthday. We went to this really good place called Koto and it was like a Hibachi grill. We had counter seats, and a chef came out and put on a show for us.

Me and my friend ordered steak, Lo Mein, and pork dumplings, and boy was it good! This place gave SUCH big portions- I think they gave us about a half a box of noodles... EACH!

The chef put on a real cool show, lighting the stove on fire, juggling the knives, and preparing the food. It was unbelievable... to describe it you would have had to be there. In between the prep, the chef chopped up some zucchini and flipped little pieces at us- and Kyle caught them. I missed though, and got hit in the nose with one and then caught the second. It was very good! I ordered my steak rare- and I got it rare. It was browned on the outside, and the rest was basically raw- mm-mm-mmm!

Then came the soups, salads, and pork dumplings, PLUS the pasta. And just when I thought I couldn't eat any more- out came the fried ice cream. IT BROKE THE LAWS OF PHYSICS! Ice cream shouldn't be fried- but it was delicious. It was like a dough around it, and on the inside was this perfect tasting, COLD vanilla ice cream. It was literal perfection. Plus, everyone in the restaurant came and stood around singing "Happy Birthday" to Kyle. It was a great time. Thanks for taking me, if you are reading this, and Happy Birthday Kyle!

Maddie


3 comments: