Tuesday, April 1, 2014

APRIL FOOLS!

I just LOVE April Fools' day- it is the only day I can play pranks and not really get in trouble! I had been planning a pretty good joke on my Dad- I set an alarm clock for 5:00 AM and hid it on the dresser in his room. Lo and behold, it woke him up, but he then put it in my room and reset it. Fortunately, he didn't set it right and I slept soundly. My Grandma came in at 10:00 and woke me up- but then, she closed the door on her way out of my room. This was my first sign that something was "up". Then, on her way downstairs, I heard her say "OK Wayne" in a low voice- cuing me to check my door.

Sure enough, there was a mop leaned against the door, ready to fall on me if I clumsily stumbled out of my room (like I normally do). Downstairs, I found a plate of fresh fruit that looked very trustworthy. I found it "trustworthy" because my Grandma was the one who had prepared it, and her idea of an April Fool is drawing a fish on a piece of paper. Feeling safe, I dug into the strawberries, but 3/4 of the way through, I hit a VERY NASTY strawberry. My Dad had dipped the strawberry in salt, and it was DISGUSTING!

Some smaller pranks were done, but those are the main ones. What did YOU do for April Fools' day? Let me know in the comments :)

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment