Thursday, April 3, 2014

Memories

Today, I have been reminiscing with my Grandma about when my family first moved to NH. Some of my favorite memories are of staying in numerous hotels while house shopping, taking tours of different houses (especially one- it had TONS of ladybugs!) and having a great time looking at scenery. I have loved New Hampshire since my first visit, and while I was sad at first about moving from my old house, I now know that this is where I belong.

Some of my first memories from the move are waking up in a bedroom that strongly smelled of cat pee (the former owner of our house had apparently let his cats OWN the place) on an air mattress, sitting with my mom and dad around a cardboard box and eating relatively stale blueberry poptarts for breakfast. Then, mom and dad would work on the house and I would sit on the floor in our now dining room watching movies.

Speaking of the dining room... I remember that the first Christmas in the house, the power went out for a bit and since the store was closed (I believe it was the year of the ice storm), my Christmas dinner was Ramen Noodles. Thankfully, the power came back soon after dinner and I sat on the dining room floor once again and watched movies (I've always been fond of movies).

All in all, there is no place I'd rather be than NH. I go down with my family every so often to visit my NJ family, but NH is where I belong- my friends, my karate, my home, and my life are here, and I would never dream of changing it.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment