Monday, April 7, 2014

Eggplant Parm

Today, I had a brain cramp while attempting to blog and decided to go chat with my Grandma to clear my mind. It turns out she was making Eggplant Parm- and I ended up helping! Here is the recipe:

You Will Need:

1 medium eggplant
2 tbsp Parmesan grated cheese
Any pasta sauce, 24 oz (we used Hunt's Premium Garlic Roasted)
Italian seasoning (optional, to add flavor to tomato sauce)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella

Prep:
End Result!
Wash and slice eggplant, about 1/4 inch slices. Put a small dab of oil into 2 frying pans and cook the eggplant slices for 3 minutes each side. Add butter underneath each slice after the first 2 minutes. While you eggplant is cooking, prepare your baking dish of your choice. You can bake either one or two layers, but a one layer DOES bake faster. Lightly cover bottom of dish with tomato sauce.

When your eggplant is done cooking, place the slices in the tomato sauce and then cover them with about a tbsp each of tomato sauce. Then, add your parmesan and mozzarella. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes on 350. ENJOY!

Well, there is the recipe! I hope that you give it a try, it is actually pretty good. Leave me a recipe in the comments that I should try, and maybe I will!

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment