Thursday, November 14, 2013

One Man's Junk is Another Man's Treasure

As the title says, one man's junk CAN be another man's treasure. I personally love going out to yardsales with my family- you can find such interesting things! And it isn't always yardsales or sales in general. My dad had a dog when he was in his twenties named Barkley, and he was his favorite dog. He was a rescue dog, and it is quite interesting how dad got him. The shelter needed a fridge (probably for medicine) and dad happened to have an old one. He said that instead of money, he would give the shelter a fridge in exchange for Barkley.

And he did- and he had Barkley. Barkley was my dad's favorite dog. I only remember him vaguely as I was about 3 when he passed, but I have heard many kind and funny stories about him. As for me, Lucky is my favorite dog as he is my first. But that is off the topic- the point is, dad got something that he loved forever for something that was junk to him- while the shelter got something they needed and got rid of their "junk".

What I want my readers to do is to leave me a comment telling me YOUR greatest find at a yardsale- or even trading something like Dad did.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment