Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Tale of Swan Song

Today I wanted to tell my readers about a very special animal. It's name was Song. Song is a swan. I cannot remember much about the swan, since I was only about 5 or 6 when she came around, but I remember enough to tell her/his story. I am just going to refer Song as a her for this story.

Song's story starts off in spring of 2007 (or 2006, I don't know.) It was pretty early in the morning, and we still lived in NJ. We looked out the window, and we saw a beautiful swan walking around our yard. Figuring it had only landed for a little, we tossed some cereal out the window for it to eat. Then, we went about our day. Presently, the swan disappeared, but at night, it came back.

It was then we noticed something we hadn't before- the swan had a hurt foot. There was some sort of bump on it and it looked painful. Overnight, we left the lights on outside so that no predators would get the swan, and it slept under our car. The next day, we called an animal rescue to come and take care of her foot. They took her for about 2 days to heal her foot, and then dropped her off at a pond down the road from our house.


However, the same morning she was dropped off, she came back to our house and pecked on our door. We gave her some more cereal, and after that, we never saw her again. I think we have pictures somewhere... I will see what I can find a little later and try to post them in a separate post. For now, I will just put up a picture of an ordinary swan.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment