Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My Mom

I am SO SORRY for not blogging last week! Needless to say, I have a good reason. Last week, my mom was admitted into the Intensive Care Unit of the Concord hospital. She had been bleeding a lot and was almost dead.

 On closer examination, they found that she had congestive heart failure and that her liver and kidneys were failing. She caught an infection in the blood stream which caused infection and pneumonia. She needed a balloon and swan pump for her heart and a breathing tube down her throat to stay alive.

For 3 days, she was kept under sedation. Dad stayed right by her side the whole time, only coming home for a few hours of sleep. Her chance of living was 2%. She died 3 times, and each time, the doctors brought her back. A few days ago, the balloon and swan pumps on her heart were removed. No one thought she would live through it.... but she did. In fact, she IMPROVED. She now has a normal heart rate and blood pressure, and is off some of her medications.

Today, Dad is in Concord with Mom, who is doing better. They are holding a conference about her today. I have even seen Mom... she looks good. She can also communicate with us through blinking and hand squeezing. I have talked to her a few times... but it's not the same as talking to her used to be. Regardless of what happens, she is always my mom, and I will ALWAYS, ALWAYS love her.

Prayers are appreciated.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment