Thursday, September 4, 2014

Sick Sister, Fake Nail Fails and more!!!

As you may have guessed from the title, my little sister was sick today. She woke up at 6:00 AM this morning complaining that her throat hurt and that her stomach ached. My grandma gave her some medicine as she had a fever, but it only helped for a little while. After lunch, we took Ashleigh to the doctor's to figure out what was up. She was tested for Strep throat, but thankfully she didn't have it. The doctor's orders? Lots of liquids, not a lot of solid food and small doses of honey to coat her throat. My poor sister threw up a few times, but she went to bed and has been sleeping soundly for a few hours now.

As for the fake nails... I tried to glue on some fake nails today, being I don't have karate until Monday and figured I could pull them off for a few days. I did my left hand, stopped to eat dinner and was going to do my right hand... Lucky for me my sister wanted me to play a little Skyrim with her first on account of her not feeling good. It was then that I discovered something TERRIBLE: YOU CAN'T USE AN XBOX CONTROLLER WITH FAKE NAILS ON! Naturally this was unacceptable to me as I am a "game fanatic" and like to relax at night while playing Skyrim and occasionally talking to my friends, so I automatically ripped the nails off (and I use the word "ripped" very lightly. It was more of a soft peeling- do not attempt to "rip" nails off at home) and then settled in to play Skyrim.

To put the cherry on the cake, when it was time to go upstairs to bed, I couldn't sleep. I think this was because I had a caffeinated drink about 3 hours before bed, and my caffeine rush hit just as I was ready to fall asleep. When singing, dancing, writing, reading, and cleaning my room didn't help me fall asleep, I decided I would come down and do some homework- and hear I am! In any case, I have other work to do right now, so I will end this post here...

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment