Friday, September 19, 2014

Halloween Makeup Tutorial

I know, I know- it's too early to even START thinking about Halloween, right? WRONG! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays- who doesn't like free candy?! And so me and my sister always end up talking and planning for it too early. We actually already have our costumes picked out/made- I am going as a zombie and she is going as a vampire. I was working on the makeup for my costume and figured I'd share it with my readers!

You Will Need:
Pure white eyeshadow
Bright red lip liner
Dark brown or black eyebrow pencil
Dark red lipstick
Black eyeshadow
Clear or pale lipgloss
Dark red/purple lipgloss
And dark shades of eyeshadow of your choice.

To start off, you're going to want your face clear of any makeup. After your face is washed off, start by putting on the lipstick and then applying a thin layer of clear lipgloss on top of it. While the lipgloss is still wet, take some black eyeshadow on your pinky finger and dab it in the corners of your lips. Next, using your index finger, apply your white eyeshadow all over your face (excluding your lips), especially on the cheeks and bridge of your nose. This should make your face look very pale. If it isn't blending into your skin well, use the palms of your hands to rub it in a bit.

Now comes my favorite part- making the bumps and bruises. Start out with a dark brown eyeshadow and put it under your eyes. Now, take the lip liner and apply it like eyeliner on your bottom lash line. This will make it look like you have blood in your eyes. Now use your darker lipgloss and coat the eyelids with it, and then apply eyeshadow layers on top of it. For bruises, take your lip liner and make a big circle (filled in) where you want the bruise to be. Rub it in and add blue/purple eyeshadow to it in layers and it will make a bruised appearance.


I did stitching, and I used the eyebrow pencil for that. I drew random scars and stitches all over my face, and the final result was this:



Anyway, I'll definitely be blogging again before Halloween, so check back Monday for a new post!!!
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment