Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Girl's Day Out

Sometimes during the week if we aren't too busy, Grandma, Ashleigh and I go out for a "girl's day". These days are a tradition that happen 1-2 times a month and they usually consist of going either to Keene or the mall and shopping in department stores, a lunch out and hysterical and enjoyable conversations between the three of us. Minimal arguing is done unless it is over what skirt looks better on Grandma and it is excellent bonding time for all of us.

Today's trip started out as a trip to the mall to get Grandma a fall jacket and maybe a pair of boots, but after two hours of shopping in Sears, an hour long break for lunch and ANOTHER hour shopping in Macy's, we left with a jacket, shirt and pair of jeans for me and a pair of sneakers and a tree frog toy for my sister. Oh well.... but we had a great time and we tried on SO much stuff. I actually have a mark in between my thumb and forefinger from where I rested the numerous hangers I was carrying.

What's you favorite thing to do with your family? If you're a girl, do you ever have "girl days out" with your friends or family? Let me know in the comments!!!

Maddie

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love girl's night/day out! I am glad you guys get to enjoy girl's day out with Grandma! Your grandma and I always went shopping like you do with her now. I miss that sometimes! Lynn and I have an annual shopping trip and whoever wants to can come along but they better be prepared to shop. We pick a mall or outlet we have never been to, book a hotel and shop til we drop! We go to dinner and try to shop somewhere else the next day before we go home. This is usually the first weekend in December so we can Christmas shop.
    Love you!
    Aunt Michelle

    ReplyDelete