Thursday, September 11, 2014

Second Degree Black Belt Test

Today, Dad and I got our invites to our test- for our second degree black belts! I am testing on November 22nd with the 21 and unders, while Dad is testing on Sunday the 23rd with the 22+ crowd. Last test, we got to go together- which was nice, being it was our first black belt test and we didn't really know what to expect except for pushups, pushups, and more pushups. We promised that we would wait for each other to be in the same and/or a close test, so we could work up the ranks together. Now, this will be my last black belt test for another 5 1/2 years at minimum, as you have to be 18 or older to test for your 3rd degree.

I was a bit upset when I found out that Dad wouldn't be testing with me, and it only made it worse to find out he couldn't even WATCH me test. I know, it may seem wimpy, but I have a strong bond with my Dad and I had actually expected us to be on the same test again. I'm nervous about my test to begin with, but this just made it worse. I guess I'll push through it though- I was nervous about my first test too, but I got through it and came out with not too many bumps and bruises.

However, I like to end my posts on a happier note, so before I go I would like to share this awesome recipe for a cream cheese spread.

You Will Need:
3 tbsp shredded, sweetened coconut
1/2 block of cream cheese
2 tsp cinnamon

Put all of this in a medium sized bowl and melt in the microwave for 20 seconds. Take out and stir. The spread goes good on toast, as a dip for fruit, and is even good as a sweeter salad dressing (melt for 30 seconds instead of 20 for a dressing). Enjoy!

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment