Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Eggs

Eggs... I have never liked them. I have tried to enjoy them many times before, but I just CAN'T. I have tried them many ways:

  • Hard Boiled. (The white is too slimy and the yolk.... it tastes ok but it is very grainy.)
  • Omelette. (I have been told by my Dad NUMEROUS times that, "omelettes are delicious, why don't you try them". I just don't like them!! Again, there is texture.... and I cannot tolerate the taste of the white part of the egg.)
  • Fried. (The only way I will sort of eat eggs. By 'sort of' I mean crack open the yolk and dip bacon or some other sort of meat into it.)
  • Scrambled. (Just like the omelette: TASTE. The only way you could get me to eat fried eggs is if there was tons of ketchup on them- and by then the eggs would look so gross that I probably wouldn't eat it anyway.)

My sister got off easy- she's allergic to eggs. So lucky for her, she won't ever have to eat an egg. There are some downsides to being allergic though... Like no meringues... no mayo on a turkey sandwich... no potato salad (Well, that's actually more of a benefit than anything else).... not even any marshmallow because it has egg in it (Well, actually, it is more because of her age. I don't think that there is enough egg in marshmallow to affect my sister's health.)

However, even though I don't make eggs sound very good, they are actually very good for you. To the right people, they CAN be delicious, and they are low in calorie and carb. They are also a healthy source of protein. Dad quotes: "It is a very nutritious breakfast- no sugar added!!!" 

Well, I have loads more work to do, so I am going to end my post here.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment