Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Songs :)

I was pretty busy yesterday when I was done with my blog... I was writing and singing another song!!! I uploaded the new one onto my SoundCloud profile just a few minutes ago. I currently have 2 songs up, entitled Memory Lane and Man's Best Friend. If you would like to hear them, here are the links:

Memory Lane:  https://soundcloud.com/rosika-forn/memory-lane

Man's Best Friend: https://soundcloud.com/rosika-forn/mans-best-friend

Also, here are the lyrics for my songs. This is a part of songwriting and performing that I put A LOT of work into. I then use a program called Audacity to edit and record my singing, and play it back against a music loop. See if you can figure out what track I used for Memory Lane....  ;)

Memory Lane


Chorus:
Take me now,
to memory lane,
a place filled with happiness,
sorrow and pain,
take me now,
to memory lane,
and let all of my thoughts,
unchain.

Verse 1:
Today I took a walk,
to a place not far away,
if you take time,
you can visit each day,
it's a long winding path,
with doors shut up tight,
visit now my memories,
good, bad, wrong or right.

(Chorus) 

Verse 2:
You can close your eyes,
and dream yourself there,
or take a star,
and fly through the air,
anything is possible,
as long as you believe,
so I'll kick myself back
to the days of my dreams!

(Chorus)

Verse 3: 
The peace and perfection that lies in this lane,
is garbage to some,
and to others,
great gain,
so lose yourself now!
don't be last in the game!
Come take a visit to memory lane......

(Chorus)

Man's Best Friend
Chorus:

Your family is your kingdom and power
    They'll praise you in your moment of glory
    And stand with you in your darkest hour.
    Your family is everything, Your family is true
    You never truly have to wonder what your family will do for you.

Verse:

Man's best friend is not money,

and man's best friend is not fame,

none of these ring true you see,

for life is not a game,

it's not about big yachts,

or houses on the coast,

it's all about your family,

because thats what matters most. 

 Copyright 2013 Madison Nef

Maddie


1 comment:

  1. And you can sing!!!! What an amazing young lady!

    ReplyDelete