Friday, January 27, 2012

Life From My Sister's Point Of View

Today was an on-off day for me. As always, I can barely communicate, so I only sometimes get what I want. My sister, parents, and friends do a pretty good job of understanding me though. Like when I say, " Baba", they know it means bottle, but some of the other things I say, they have no clue what I mean. It's not easy to be small, and not know how to let people know how you feel. So here are parts of my day today.

I distinctly remember taking a trip to a place I see very rarely: The councilor's office. My mom was there while we waited for my sister to come out of the office, and I had a very good time playing. I wonder what would happen if I went up and knocked on the door? Or if I was in the room even? I got to go in for a short period of time while my mom and dad went to the bank, but then I was lugged back outside again. What a bore!

After counseling,  my sister convinced dad to take us for my favorite food of all time ... pizza! I absolutely adore getting to sit at a big-girl table, without my booster seat, and watch the excitement. While waiting for my food to come, I watched a TV that was behind us. It showed some blurry colors, and I kept hearing an annoying voice. I was mesmerized by a small baby that was running around the restaurant. I wanted to tell my parents that I wanted to do it too, but I am not that experienced in language yet.

Finally, on the car trip home, we listened to my favorite song: Heartbreaker by Pat Benetar! I love it because I can sing some lines of it, just like my sister always does. I always feel very grown-up when I sing along with her. When we got home, unfortunately, I had to go to bed. I hate my room, and my crib. It's always too stuffy or too cold, never just right. But I love my Dad's singing technique ... I always fall asleep. Talking about sleep .... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...


Goodnight,
Maddie
(and Ashleigh too )


No comments:

Post a Comment