Friday, December 26, 2014

Ruined by Rap

I got an Ariana Grande album for Christmas, and today I got around to putting it on my computer and listening to it. I'm almost sorry I did now- and not because of Ariana. I think she has a very nice voice and can sing well, and I always have. No, it wasn't her singing that made me feel like tearing my ears off- it was all the rap music she put into the album! Almost every song featured a different rapper, from Big Sean to Iggy Azalea. I don't like rap music to begin with, but when it's on an album, I can usually find ONE I like. All of the rappers in this album, however, were HORRIBLE! Me and Dad sat listening to the album in awe while cringing everytime a rapper began to slur his/her way through whatever tiny bit of singing they had- and even that tiny amount was enough to spoil the song.

I think that today, rap has become a large part of "culture" for many. So much so, that singers who can do perfectly well on their own if they don't mind appealing to a slightly smaller audience are ruining their own music by adding these rappers into their songs. As my dad says: "I think she has a nice voice- I just wish she'd keep those other clowns out of it." I couldn't agree more. What's your opinion? Leave me a comment below.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment