Monday, December 1, 2014

A Post

GAH! Apologies once again on not blogging! It was Thanksgiving weekend, so I had a good reason for it at least. My aunt and uncle from NJ came to visit, and it was an awesome time. The internet was out the whole week, which sucked a bit... but I think it helped at the same time. Everyone wasn't busy on their devices or staring at a screen, and we got to have some quality time together as a family over the holiday. That's how things should be more often- not just hours upon hours of screen time. From funny family stories to late night sessions of "the name game", I had one of the best Thanksgivings I have had in awhile.

I've also been busy with a long-due paper on The Art of War. I should be done with it by tomorrow, and it will be posted on The Book Stack. I didn't like the version of the book with commentary, so I opted to look online and see if the REAL book was there. Sure enough, I found a fully translated version with no commentary and am finding it to be a good read so far. I am just beginning the 3rd out of 3 1/2 pages, but as it is late I am going to finish it tomorrow. The book has some good... lessons, if you would call them that in it. The book was written as a strategy for war, but can also be used as a strategy for LIFE. If you'd like to read it, this is the translated version.

http://classics.mit.edu/Tzu/artwar.html

I will try to get some pictures from Thanksgiving up tomorrow. It is currently 11:30... a hot shower and bed for me sounds good. Thanks for reading!

Maddie

The family :) <3


Me and Ashleigh being goofballs :P


Dad and Ashleigh 


Dad after eating too much turkey ;p


What would Thanksgiving be without a stupid selfie between sisters? 

No comments:

Post a Comment