Monday, December 15, 2014

Boredom

Me and a lot of my friends have a bad habit of complaining that we are bored. Bored, bored, bored. So, seeing as it is a problem I frequently have, and I need a blog post, here are my ideas on how to stay occupied.

1) Peel the onion! No, not literally. But online, "peeling the onion" is a term used for link surfing. Clicking on one page, then using a link on that page to get to another page, and so on and so forth. You'd be surprised how much you could learn from it! I start on wikipedia and usually go through links on that site. Then, months later when I am able to tell my Dad which band Nikki Sixx is from, I put my knowledge to use!

2) StumbleUpon. I've blogged about it in the past, and it's a great thing to do if you're bored. Just create an account, put in your interests and hit the stumble button! The site generates articles based on what you like and dislike, and you can rate each page so your account gets customized to what YOU like. You can also add links to your own sites and blogs to get more pageviews.

3) Last but not least, the Bored Button. Similar to StumbleUpon, the Bored Button generates random things for you to do while you are bored. Often times you will click the button and get a small, mindless minigame or a card trick. However, it does its job and works well to keep my brain preoccupied when I have nothing else to do. You can check it out here: http://www.boredbutton.com/

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment