Wednesday, October 1, 2014

NightCore

I enjoy listening to music while I do my homework as it gives me better focus. I put most of my music on YouTube, and then I surf links after the song I was listening to finishes. As I was browsing today, I found a song that was "nightcored" and automatically fell in love with the genre. Nightcore songs are usually pop songs that have had their tempo increased and are often pitched and mixed with techno music. After listening to the first song, I looked up a few songs I knew to see if they had been nightcored as well, and I actually found an entire playlist of nightcore songs!

Most times, nightcore songs are paired up with anime images and have lyrics with them. I like the change of beat a lot, and nightcore really improved some songs that previously were only mediocre. For example, Katy Perry's "Dark Horse". Yea, good song, but after hearing it on the radio 1000+ times you get tired of it. By nightcoring it, it gave it a different sound that was actually enjoyable. You can listen to that song here. My favorite nightcored song is called "Where the Lonely Ones Roam" and you can listen to THAT song here.

One thing that I'll say about nightcore is that it isn't for everyone. You have to really like faster beats and techno/electronic music to like it- if not then I would pass. Also, some of the songs get VERY fast and if it wasn't nightcored properly (many people can do it and they tend to make it to what THEY think sounds good) then it can sound more like Alvin and the Chipmunks than good nightcore.

So, if you went and listened to some nightcore, what was your favorite song? Leave me a link in the comments below and I'll check it out if I haven't heard it already. If you tried nightcore but didn't like it, tell me why and what your favorite genre is!

Maddie

PS: One more good song to check out! I can't help myself! Shatter Me

No comments:

Post a Comment