Thursday, October 9, 2014

Bored Button and Peeling the Onion

Today I got bored while doing math homework and decided to peel the onion a bit. Peeling the onion online is just a metaphor for clicking links on different sites until you get tired. I started by typing in "i am bored" into Google and going from the first or second link. I found a site called "Bored Button" (I'll link at the end of the post) that is basically a simplified version of the site StumbleUpon. From an online toilet paper roll that regenerates to a mind-reading card trick, I found the site quite entertaining and I think my readers will too.

While on the bored button, I found a game where you started as a small dot and had to eat littler dots to grow bigger without being eaten yourself. It strongly reminded me of a game called "Big Fish" that Dad and I used to play when I was little. It's pretty much the same, but with a fish. I used to have such a fun time playing that game with Dad and it flooded back good, happy memories so even though you may run across it on the bored button, here is a direct link to the game, may you create your own happy memories with it :)

It's kind of late right now, so I will leave the post here. Here are the links:

Bored Button: http://www.boredbutton.com
Big Fish: http://www.maniacworld.com/big_fish.htm

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment