Monday, October 13, 2014

A Perfect Day

Yesterday was one of the best birthdays I have had in awhile- I got to spend it with my family. We had a great lunch, home made by my grandma: Baked mac and cheese, spinach pie, and steak. Icecream cake was for dessert and the whole meal was accompanied by a wonderful family chat. After eating, Dad, Ashleigh and I went to a park for about 2 hours. Next, the whole family went to see Maze Runner (which, by the way, is an AWESOME movie but very scary) and then I finished my night by chatting with my friends and playing Call of Duty with Dad.

In the end, birthdays aren't about the gifts, or the parties, or the cake, or anything else except for having a great time celebrating your birth and spending time with the ones you love. I definitely did that this year... the whole day was spent with my family and talking with my friends. I spent a lot of time outdoors as it was a beautiful day, I played and watched videos with my sister, and the movie, while EXTREMELY scary, was very good. It was my sister's first time at the movie theater, and she really enjoyed herself. She wasn't noisy and she was relatively still, besides burying herself into me when she got scared of the movie.

At the end of the day, I had a really nice birthday. Nothing big, but a lot of time spent with the people I love, and that's what matters most to me.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment