Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Why?

If you haven't noticed, lately I've been dabbling into poetry. I have always written it for sheer fun and to express myself but it was always for me, not to be shared with other people. After I wrote one a while ago and got a good response from the public, I decided to continue as my readers seemed to enjoy reading my poetry as much as I enjoyed writing it. I have always liked both writing and reading poetry- something I inherited from my mom. My mom, while she was very sick, was a beautiful writer and wrote many poems in her short time here.

Dad and I are currently gathering all of my mom's poetry together to make a book as a tribute for her- one of her dreams was to publish a poetry book. She got sick so quickly that she didn't get the chance to, but Dad and I figured that after all she had done and been through it was the least we could do. It will also include our thoughts (both joined and separate) on some of the poems PLUS some of my Dad and my own poetry. Our schedule is weird, so we have NO idea when it will be published but we are hoping sometime early in 2016 or late 2015 if possible.

So THAT is why I have been posting more poetry. I try to stick to one a week but I sometimes will end up doing two if my day turns out boring with no inspiration or things to write about. If any of my readers enjoy poetry, please leave some poems that you wrote OR even poems by others that you enjoy in the comments! I am always up for something new to read :)

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment