Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Fondant and Cake Decorating... Over

Yesterday was my LAST CLASS for cake decorating. I learned so much from this class... how to make flowers and different designs with both fondant AND icing. I now have the tools and the skills to decorate cakes semi-professionally. For my Dad's birthday, which was Sunday, I made him stuffed chocolate cupcakes. I did a basket weave on top and a simple blue drop flower. I unfortunately did not get a picture of them, but they were very pretty and tasted good.

I DID get a good picture of my final cake from my class, however. I am going to give it to one of my friends. For the last class, we learned to cover a cake and a cakeboard in fondant and how to align the flowers we had made previously. I thought it turned out pretty good- how about you? The whole class was 3 months- 12 classes. Cake decorating classes are offered at all Michaels stores, I believe. You can go to their store website and click classes to find the closest store to you offering classes.

Maddie

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That cake looks great! Knowing what a good baker you are, I bet it tastes as good as it looks. Congrats on such a good grade on the science course you took.
    Love you,
    Aunt Michelle

    ReplyDelete