Tuesday, February 18, 2014

About

If you go to your facebook profile, you will notice that you can write a little about yourself... I find this very stupid. If I add you on facebook, you're obviously my friend.... and if you are my friend you know more about me than I would be able to put into that little box. Otherwise, you are just providing more information than necessary for creeps and stalkers!!!

Personally, I keep my profile blocked from anyone except my friends/family. Anyone who I haven't added doesn't need to see my wall. There are still many things that people can do to permanently get you off of facebook, though... such as claiming you are dead and turning your page into a memorial wall. And the sad part about claiming you are dead is facebook doesn't do good background checks- anyone can do it.

All you need to do is link to the obituary page- but being facebook doesn't do background checks, someone could just use someone with a similar name to you and claim it is you. This has actually happened to a few people... it is very scary what people can do. Once your page has been turned, the person, if they claim to be family, can ask for your password I believe... and completely hack your account.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment