Thursday, February 28, 2013

Clutzy Me

Glass breaking in slow motionI am such a clutz. Today, I was helping Grandma make a turkey. I was oiling it, and had the oil I was using in a small glass bowl next to me on the kitchen counter. I finished oiling the turkey and opened the cabinet to get the seasoning to fix it up. The seasoning fell out of the cupboard on to me, and I flailed backwards. As I tumbled backwards, I knocked the glass bowl off of the counter and onto the floor. I bet you know what happened next.

Then, I cleaned up the glass. It had gone everywhere... behind the microwave, onto the stove, into the onions cooking on the stove, and into the toaster. The turkey was cooked for a long time with spices on it, and just came out of the oven 25 minutes ago.

Ok, so it is now after dinner. Everyone ate the turkey and enjoyed it, though it was a little dry. No one liked the stuffing but me. I don't know why, it had a great flavor and texture. The only thing that might turn some people off was the way it looked... barf.

Ok, I have only one more blog to do and then I am done with my work for today! Tomorrow I do my first course in songwriting- hurray!!! I will tell everyone how it goes in tomorrow's post.
Later,
Maddie



No comments:

Post a Comment