Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Promotion For My Dad's Website- Basset Hound Hideaway

The First thing you need to know is that this site is about you. Given that's the case, there are three special rules you need to know in regards to how I choose the dogs that are in my Hall of Honor and in my blog articles. I call them my every day specials...and there are three of them.

Special #1

If you volunteer at a Basset Hound Rescue or you provide foster care for Basset Hounds email me at wayne_nef@yahoo.com. Your dog or dogs will automatically be included in the Hall of Honor and I will write a short blog article introducing your pet to the community. I believe your hard work to help Basset Hounds should be recognized and I am happy to do it.

Also, if you work at a Rescue and you have a dog up for adoption that you want highlighted please let me know and I will try to put a nice introduction into the blog for the dog in question.

Special #2

I have a link on the right hand side of the page for the Mid-Atlantic Basset Hound Rescue donation page. If you make a donation to the Rescue (minimum $5) I will add your dog to the Basset Hound Hall Of Honor. To get your dog recognized in the Hall is really easy:

1. Click the link below or to the right.
2. Donate at least $5 (preferably more) via Paypal
3. Forward your PayPal receipt to: wayne_nef@yahoo.com along with a picture of your dog, your name, your dog's favorite hangout (ie your local dog park, hiking trail, etc.), and the dog's favorite treat.



Special #3

Buy something from our store (hosted by amazon.com) or through our advertising banners and email me what you bought along with a picture of your Basset Hound and some playful facts about your dog and I will feature them in a short blog article. Each article will include a picture of your dog and a few sentences. Please send those emails towayne_nef@yahoo.com and put Basset Hound Boutique article in the title. Please note that I may email you back for more info on your dog if it is needed.


This is my Dad's ad. I just copied and pasted it to my blog. If you'd like to check out his blog and get your dog featured on the hall of fame, please click here. You have to make a donation and have a basset hound to be featured. Look for more dog hideaways on the way soon!!!

Now on to my normal blog post. Our new stove arrived yesterday, so I have been baking, baking, baking. I have made bread, chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting, roast beef, and a DELICIOUS apple pie. Yum. I will write a paragraph on each and finally rate them at the end.


Bread-
First things first, the bread was starchy from the beginning. Second, it was also hard to knead. Hmmm... wonder how it'll turn out. Me and Grandma made it and kneaded it and baked it, and from all our labor all we got was a small, rock solid, disgusting little lump that was barely worthy of the title "bread". It almost broke my teeth, and was heavy and yucky in the center. The only thing that made it taste better was about a pound of butter and a gallon of jelly.

Chocolate Cupcakes w/ buttercream frosting (homemade)
"Those are the best cupcakes I have tasted in all my 74 years!" That was a direct quote from my Grandma after she tasted one of my delicious chocolate cupcakes. I used Pilsbury Dark Chocolate Cake Mix, and a recipe for frosting that came on the back of a WalMart icing pump. It was sooooooo good.... and the cupcakes came out perfectly moist.

Roast Beef- didn't make it, but it was rare and juicy and delicious- best I have ever tasted in all of my ELEVEN years.

Apple Pie-
The apple pie was delicious. Even though I was CONSTANTLY being told I was doing it wrong while I was making it, it came out delicious anyway. I added some maple syrup to the mix and also used brown sugar instead of white sugar. What a difference in flavor- so much better. The crust, which I made at home instead of buying one, came out crisp and buttery as well.

P.S. I know I promised you guys new stuff in my store each week, sorry I haven't had the time to do it! By Saturday, I promise!!!

Maddie

1 comment:

  1. The pie sounds delicious!!! I hope you make one at Eater :)

    Uncle Rick

    ReplyDelete