Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Plastic Disaster

ALERT! ALERT! DISASTER STRIKES IN NEF HOUSEHOLD!

Well, I guess it isn't really that big of a disaster... But I'll let my readers decide that for themselves. Here is what happened:

Dad had just left for his 6:30 karate class on 2/19/2013. Me, Ashleigh and Grandma were busy in the kitchen making stuffed peppers for dinner. We had turned the oven on to preheat it so we could bake our peppers. I had just finished stuffing the peppers when the phone rang. Grandma ran to get it and it ended up being my Aunt Michelle. As they were having a gab-fest, me and Ashleigh were busy turning out lights to play a game while we waited for dinner. The only light left on was the oven. 

Naturally me and Ashleigh went over near the oven to stay near the light, and when we did, Ashleigh pointed to the oven and asked me, "what's that?". I looked in the oven, and there on the top rack, melting away into a puddle, was a big plastic mixing bowl. Me and Ashleigh ran to get Grandma, but by that time, there was nothing we could do but stare. The oven started emitting some nasty smelling fumes, so I hurried Ashleigh, Lucky and myself into the small office and closed the door. The air was still clear in there. Me and Ashleigh snuggled up in our sleeping bags next to Lucky and sat and waited. 

Dad took the news very well when he came home, probably since he had just been to karate. Whenever he comes home from karate he is always happy. The plastic was melted and disgusting, and chemical smell filled the house at this point. We ate our dinner in the small office. We definitely need a new oven. So today we went out and we got a new one. It is much like our old one, with just slight changes. However, it cannot be delivered until Tuesday of next week, so Dad's party has to be put off until then. 

That's basically the only excitement that happened to me since yesterday. We discovered who the guilty party was: Grandma. She had been in a hurry to clean up and had absentmindedly stuck the bowl in the oven. Then, when we turned it on, not knowing it was in there it melted. So what do you think? Tragedy or not?
Maddie 

No comments:

Post a Comment