Saturday, February 9, 2013

I Hate Spiders!!!!!

I have ALWAYS hated spiders. They are ugly and creepy and crawly, and they always turn up wherever they are not supposed to be. For example: A few minutes ago, I went to the sink to get some water, and there, crawling up the sink, was an ugly little spider! So then, before I could get my water, I had to go through the terrible process of drowning the poor little thing and flushing him down the drain. Yuck and amen.

The most famous spider story that can be told in my family, however, is the story of the door spider. A few years ago, it was spring and Dad had refused to cut the lawn, so it was pretty darn long. Now, one day, as I was walking out the door to go to karate, I saw IT. IT was a giant spider that was dangling from the doorway, with a huge web up. The thing's body had to be at least the size of a small grape, and the legs were very long. I told Dad, and he said leave it so we could watch it. I looked it up, and I found out that the type of spider usually lived in fields and meadows. Was our lawn really that bad???

The type of spider ended up being a hideous orb weaver spider. It matched the description perfectly- milky white, round web, and large size. I think I get my arachnophobia from my mom. Back when I used to live in NJ, there were gigantic wolf spiders everywhere and my mom used to freak out all the time. But honestly, would you like seeing this every time you turned the corner?

Well, no offense to anyone who has a pet spider, but I really wish that spiders would just die and never come back. Life would be perfect if I never saw another spider EVER AGAIN! Especially tarantulas, wolf spiders, and orb-weavers. I guess Daddy Long-legs could stay since they are so small.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment