Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Is Coming!

As I have stated before, I can't wait for Christmas! My favorite thing is spending time with my family and baking. This year, I am hoping my family will let me do the Christmas meal myself. I already made the menu, and as I chose things that my family says I make well, I hope they will just take the day off and let me do the cooking/baking.

A tradition that me and my family always do together is go out and search for the perfect Christmas tree. We NEVER use fake ones- mainly because one year, we tried and it resulted in Dad getting VERY annoyed. I still make jokes about it whenever I can. Last year, we went to about 10 different sellers before we found the perfect tree.


When we come home with the tree, the whole family participates in decorating it. Dad does the upper ornaments with Mom, I do the middle ornaments (this year with Grandma), and Ashleigh will do the lower ornaments. I usually do the garland and the lights with Dad. Then, we finish the process by all of us taking handfuls of tinsel and throwing it on the tree. The tree always turns out looking great. (I will post a picture of this year's tree once we get it and decorate it. Don't expect it too soon; we get our trees two days before Christmas.)

Now I just wanted to tell you about some of the games I play with my sister and my dog. They are:

ROOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!! (Ashleigh Game)
I will get down on all fours and crawl towards her. She will usually go running off screaming at the mere sight of me in that position, but when she doesn't, I take every last opportunity to get up in her face and go: ROOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!! It is a very fun game. Me and her usually wind up running and chasing each other in the end.

Hide n' Seek (Lucky Game)
Basically, I take a small handful of dog food down the hallway with me, then toss one or two pieces down into the office for Lucky. Then, when he chases after them, I run and hide somewhere like behind the chair. Then, I call Lucky, and he comes searching for me. It is great bonding for me and my dog, and very simple for ANY dog to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment